Thursday, January 29, 2009

DeVotchKa...

My friend Bryan told me about the band DeVotchKa
and they happened to have a concert, so we went.
They were amazing!
They really have a unique/eclectic sound
that is all their own.
Some songs reminded me a bit of a Mariachi Band,
but way cooler and
with the accordion some songs had a Polka sound,
and again way cooler!
Lead singer Nick Urata played many different guitars,
a Bouzouki, Piano and even a Theremin.
The Stage.
Their drummer Shawn King also played the trumpet
while drumming!They have 2 Slavic sisters that are trapeze artists.
One came out during one of the songs.
Tom Hagerman
(A trained classicist that abandoned academia)
played the violin and accordion.

They had one girl (Jeanie Schroder) in the band.
She played the Upright Bass and a Tuba
with blue Christmas lights!
Bryan and Me.

drummer/violinist/singer/bassist/trapezist/trumpeter

2 comments:

Shannon said...

those are some amazing photos! What is Bryan up to lately?

Kelly Anderson said...

We had tons of fun, the band was amazing. I'll bring out my ipod so you can listen to some bands I have recently found and love! Bryan is going to school/working/dating.