Lately I've really been into Pinterest.
I've tried a few recipes and a few DIY projects I've found from the site...
so I decided to post a recipe I love..
for you to pin if you want:)
This is really a GREAT recipe.
Let me know what you think if you make it!
Ingredients for Tortellini Soup:
1 - 16 oz Package of Tortellini (I love the Three Cheese)
1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 Diced Onion
3 Diced Carrots (I get the precut 8 oz bag of Matchstick cut Carrots and dice from there)
1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
2 - 14 oz Cans of Italian Diced Tomatoes
1 - 14 oz Can of Tomato Paste
6 cups Chicken Broth
2 Teaspoons Basil
1 Teaspoon Oregano
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1 Bag Fresh Spinach (Chopped Coarsely)
Cornstarch for thickening (optional)
1. Cook Sausage and set aside.
2. In a 8-10 qt pan: Saute Onion, Carrots,
Green Bell Pepper, and Garlic in the Butter.
3. Once Vegetables are softened, add Broth, Sausage, Tomatoes, Basil, and Oregano and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Add Salt and Pepper to taste
(I add 1/2 Teaspoon Salt and 1 1/2 Teaspoons Pepper)
5. Add Tortellini and cook for 6-8 minutes,
or until Tortellini are done.
6. Optional: Add Cornstarch mixed with Cold Water
to pot and allow to thicken
(I ALWAYS love my soup thicker).
7. Add Spinach and cook for an additional 5 minutes.